Day tour from Florence to Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti with wine tasting
Let us take you straight to the blooming heart of Tuscany, discovering the medieval gems of Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Siena.
Duration: 10 hours and 30 minutes
Start: 8:45 AM
Crossing the beautiful Chianti hills we arrive at the Medieval hilltop gem of MONTERIGGIONI, with its still intact walls. Here you can drink in the history and relive the atmosphere of olden times.
Our day tour continues to the stately SIENA, famous for its splendid examples of Gothic architecture and the Palio horse race. Follow our guide to the suggestive Piazza del Campo, where the magnificent Palazzo Pubblico stands, with its Torre del Mangia. Visit the precious interiors of the Duomo, one of the most beautiful Cathedrals in Italy.
After leaving Siena we drive to SAN GIMIGNANO famous for its white wine, the world renowned Vernaccia, and its skyscrapers, also declared a World heritage Site by UNESCO! The visit is free for independent sightseeing, strolling around the narrow streets and admiring the relaxing landscape. In one of the most famos and award winning ice cream Parlours you can enjoy a taste of a delicious homemade ice cream, it’s our treat!
At the end of the day tour, we move into the CHIANTI area, with its picture-postcard landscapes. You have the chance to taste the best Chianti red wine in a rustic wine estate along with home-made snacks and sampling of wines and oil.
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Siena tour with professional guide
- Siena Cathedral tickets
- Free visit of San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- Tasting of homemade ice cream in San Gimignano
- Visit to a rustic wine estate
- Sampling of wines, extra-virgin olive oil and regional products
- Ice cream tasting in San Gimignano
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change.
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
- Please note that from November, 1st 2016 the tour will be always available in English and Spanish, while the other languages will be confirmed as follows: GERMAN: Monday - min 2 pax FRENCH: Tuesday - min 2 pax PORTUGUESE: Wednesday - min 2 pax ITALIAN: Sunday - min 2 pax